Recipe from our friend Chef Corey at Tzin Wine and Tapas
Pan Seared Icelandic Haddock Smoked Butter and Clam Puttanesca
1lb Fresh Manila Clams
¼ Cup White Wine
4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes
3 Anchovy Fillets, Chopped
½ Medium Yellow Onion, Medium Chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, Rough Chopped
¼ Cup Castleveltrano Olives
1 Tbsp. Capers, Drained and Rinsed
1 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley
2 Tbsp. Smoked Butter or Regular Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Season Haddock with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven 450*F. Toss Cherry Tomatoes in 1 Tbsp. of Olive Oil and lay out on a lined baking sheet.
- Roast Cherry Tomatoes in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until they start to brown and blister
- Place Cherry Tomatoes in a bowl, with the liquid from the baking sheet.
- Place Clams and White Wine in a medium pot over medium/low heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove clams from pot as they open and place in a bowl.
- Once Clams have opened, remove meat from shell, Discard shells and save Clam meat and liquid.
- Strain Liquid into a bowl to use later.
- In a medium pot heat 2 Tbsp. Olive oil over medium heat until it ripples
- Sauté Anchovies in oil for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add Onions and Garlic and cook until translucent, but not browned.
- Add the reserved Clam Liquid and Wine Liquid. Bring to a simmer and reduce by half.
- Add Olives, Cherry Tomatoes, and Tomato Liquid. Bring to a simmer and reduce by half again.
- Remove from heat once reduced and add capers and Parsley, taste, season with Salt and Pepper if needed
- Heat remaining Olive Oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat until oil ripples
- Place Haddock in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes, or until Haddock starts to brown nicely
- Turn Fish over and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, or until just cooked through
- Remove Fish from pan and place on plates.
- Meanwhile add cooked Clam Meat to the Tomato and Olive mixture, add smoked butter (or regular butter) and stir until butter is melted
- Divide Clam Tomato and Olive sauce between Haddock pieces. ENJOY!