Clams with White Wine Cream Sauce
3 tablespoons butter , divided
¼ cup minced garlic
¼ cup chopped green onion
2 pounds small clams or cockles
1 ½ cups white wine
2 chicken bouillon cubes with 1 ½ cups water or 1 ½ cups chicken broth
juice of ½ lemon
½ cup cream or half and half
Chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add the garlic and green onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cockles and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and bouillon cubes with water or the chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a rolling simmer and cook until the clams open up, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and the cream and stir.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately. Serve with sourdough bread.