Recipe from Chef Rino at XIX Nineteen St.Albert
Grilled Tarakihi with Wilted Spinach and Lentils
Tarakihi Fillets (4)
2 Carrots small diced
2 Celery Ribs small diced
1 Small Leek small diced
1 tsp. Garlic minced
1 tsp. Fresh Thyme chopped
2 cups Red Lentils
2 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
Salt and Pepper
1 Bunch Spinach
1 Lemon cut into 4 pieces
- In a medium sized pot, add 1Tbsp. Oive Oil to pot, heat. Add Carrot, Celery and Leeks. Cook for few minutes until soft, add Garlic and season with Salt and Pepper.
- Add Lentils and Stock to pot. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook slowly until Lentils are cooked but still firm and liquid has been absorbed. (approx. 15-20 mins)
- Remove Lentils from heat and cool.
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Pat Tarakihi fillets dry with paper towel. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Rub grill with oiled cloth so the Tarakihi does not stick
- Cook each side of fish for 2-3 minutes until just opaque in colour
- Squeeze fresh Lemon on fish
- In a hot frying pan, add 1 tbsp Olive Oil, and Spinach. Move Spinach around as it wilts for a few minutes.
- Turn off heat and season spinach with salt and pepper.
- Warm up Cooked Lentils, place Grilled Tarakihi ontop and add wilted spinach to Tarakihi.