Effing Seafoods- Effing Sarah
Crispy Oven Baked Haddock with Dill Pickle Tartar Sauce
4 Haddock Fillets
1 ½ cups Panko Bread Crumbs
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. Dried Dill
1 Tbsp. Dried Basil
1 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Parsley
1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic (or 1 tsp Garlic Powder)
Pinch of Chili Flakes or Cayenne Pepper
Zest of one Lemon
½ cup All Purpose Flour
Oil Baking Spray
½ cup of sour cream or Greek Yogurt
3-4 small Dill Pickles Chopped up fine
1-2 Tbsp. Pickle Juice from Jar
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 Tsp. Dried Dill
1-2 Shakes of Franks Hot Sauce
Salt and Pepper
1 Tsp. minced Fresh Garlic (1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder)
- Preheat Oven to 375* F
- Line a baking sheet with Tin Foil or Parchment Paper, Spray with Oil Baking Spray, Set Aside
- Pat Haddock Fillets dry with paper towel. Put aside.
- In a bowl mix together Panko Bread Crumbs, Dried Dill, Dried Basil, Fresh Parsley, Minced Garlic, Chili Flakes, Zest of Lemon, and Salt and Pepper together.
- In another bowl crack egg and mix with a few teaspoons of water
- Place All Purpose Flour into a third bowl add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Coat Haddock fillets in flour, shake off excess, Dip into Egg Mixture and then into Bread Crumb Mixture making sure to press bread crumbs onto fillet.
- Place breaded haddock onto sprayed baking sheet
- Repeat for other fillets.
- Spray each breaded fillet with Oil Baking Spray, place in oven to bake for 12-15 minutes until breading is golden brown on top and fish is cook through.
While Fish Cooks Prepare the Dill Pickle Tartar Sauce
- In a bowl combine Sour Cream (or Greek Yogurt), Chopped Dill Pickles, Dill Pickle Juice, Dried Dill, Lemon Juice, Hot Sauce, Garlic and Salt and Pepper.
- Stir will to combine, Taste, adjust seasoning to liking. (Add more pickles if desired)
Serve Baked Crispy Haddock with Steamed Green Beans, or Fresh Salad or with Oven Baked French Fries.
**You can substitute out the bread crumbs and flour for Gluten Free options as well use Non-Dairy options in the Tartar Sauce**