Effing Poke Kit
The main goal here is to cook the rice al dente (it should be firm but not crunchy) and to try not to mash the sticky rice as you stir it (hence the gentle slicing/folding method, instead of just stirring in circles). Make it a Picasso Effing Poke or just Effing mix it all up and eat it!
What’s in your Effing Poke Kit
- Your Choice of Effing Fish
- 1 cup Sushi Rice
- Sushi Rice Seasoning
- Effing Poke Sauce
- Effing Ponzu
- Effing Spicy Mayo
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Pickled Ginger
- Mini Cucumber
- Edamame Beans
- Pickled Shallot
- Shaved Nori
- Thoroughly rinse sushi rice in a colander with cold water.
- Add rice to a pot along with 1 1/4 cups of water and cover.
- If using rice cooker we suggest 1 cup water and sushi rice seasoning
- Cook on Medium-high heat until water reaches simmer and reduce heat for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes (covered)
- Meanwhile, cut fish into 1/4 to 1/2 inch cubes. Place in bowl with Effing Poke Sauce and return to fridge for 30 minutes.
- Slice or cube cucumber, avocado & radish.
- After rice has cooked and rested, add sushi rice seasoning and mix with wooden spoon.
- Assembly for Bowl (all to your preference):
- Scoop rice into bowl
- To one side add marinated fish
- Add vegetables, pickled ginger, edamame beans and pickled shallots
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and ponzu sauce
- Sprinkle Shaved Nori and Sesame seeds on top
- Take a photo.
- Enjoy your meal!
- Post on social media and tell your friends!
Head Seafood Dude
Rob is the founder & owner of Effing Seafoods. Rob’s dad was a fisherman and he grew up around seafood in the Effingham Inlet on Vancouver Island. He came to Alberta for the oil field work, but quickly fell in love with the province even though he was still drawn to the ocean. That’s when Rob decided to start Effing Seafoods – a company that would supply Albertans with fresh seafood that came from known and reliable sources. Rob’s passion and enthusiasm for his craft was contagious and soon the company grew!